‘Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics’ Gets a Graphical Overhaul, Check Out this New Gameplay Video

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Orangepixel’s Gunslugs series are some of the most chaotic run-and-gun action platformers around, but back in late November of 2017, just ahead of the release of their open-world post-apocalyptic action game Ashworld, the developer
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
that they’d be going in a slightly different direction for the third Gunslugs game. Titled Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics, this entry looked to provide a more tactical take on all the running and gunning of the previous games. About a year after that initial unveiling of Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics, we got
of the game in action, and it was continuing to look really great. Oh but how quickly things can change! Just in the last two-ish months since that trailer, Orangepixel wasn’t completely happy with the look or the play of Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics, and so has implemented some pretty big changes. You can find more info on those changes in Orangepixel’s
, but mostly they cover some dramatic graphical and lighting changes as well as the implementation of some more stealth-based mechanics to allow for more tactical gameplay. Here’s a brand new gameplay video of Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics showing those changes in action.

Being a fan of the first two Gunslugs games I was already stoked for Rogue Tactics, but this latest video has sent my hype level soaring into space. I love that it’s still very much a Gunslugs game with the running and the shooting and the taking down towers and whatnot, but with the new stealth-style mechanics and all of the clever items and weaponry you can use there’s really a massive change in how you approach each level. I love that you can kind of stop and take in a particular screen of enemies and then figure out the best way to dispatch them, and I also love that if you really wanted to, you COULD go in guns blazing and have a good shot at success. But for me it’s much more fun to think of cerebral ways of taking down enemies, and it feels like that is the heart of what Gunslugs: Rogue Tactics is trying to be. Still no word on a release date for the game just yet, but as always the
as well as the
are great places to keep up to date on the game’s progress.

Users who are viewing this thread