‘Snow Kids’ is a Chilly New Platformer Coming this Month from ‘Super Cat Tales’ Developer Neutronized

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
It feels like the fantastic catformer sequel Super Cat Tales 2
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
just released yesterday but in fact it’s now been a few months and developer Neutronized already has a new project coming to mobile. It’s another platformer called Snow Kids and it’s actually a remake of a Flash game called Snow Tale that Neutronized released on the web way back in 2012. You play as a penguin in the midst of a fierce snowball fight that will see you traversing across 4 different worlds running, jumping, and throwing A LOT of snowballs at enemies. And of course this comes with the colorful pixel art and wonderful tunes we’ve come to expect from this developer. Check out how cool Snow Kids looks in its announcement trailer.

So the most interesting thing about Snow Kids to me is its control scheme. Neutronized created a really clever and unique control scheme for the Super Cat Tales games that utilizes the touchscreen in a natural way instead of just using virtual buttons like most other mobile platformers. It takes a bit to wrap your head around but once you do it feels great. That said, the developers are also aware that a lot of gamers simply prefer a more traditional control method even when playing on the touchscreen, so Snow Kids is their stab at doing a platformer with more traditional controls. While no specific release date has been revealed, Snow Kids should be coming at some point this month and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread