A Location-Based ‘Stranger Things’ Game is Heading to iOS and Android Next Year

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Stranger Things is skipping the Halloween season this year and instead launching their new season right smack dab in the middle of summer on July 4th, which makes sense as season 3 of the hit Netflix series takes place during the summer. After the extremely well-received Stranger Things: The Game
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
that
, which was appropriately 8-bit inspired in a nod to the show’s early-to-mid 1980s setting, a new Stranger Things game is launching alongside the new season on July 4th called Stranger Things 3: The Game. It’s received a graphical upgrade to 16-bit inspired and it’s heading to all platforms, which very likely means
, if not on that exact date then sometime after. I loved that first game so I’m really excited for this sequel, but that’s not all the folks at Netflix have cooking for Stranger Things and video games, as during E3 this week they announced a partnership with Next Games for a new as-yet-to-be-officially-titled Stranger Things game planned to launch on iOS and Android in 2020.

Details are pretty scarce, but what we do know thanks to the info given at the Netflix panel at E3 is that this Stranger Things game will be location-based with Google Maps integration and that you’ll be battling against the evils of the Upside Down alongside other players. Given that Next Games were the creators of The Walking Dead: Our World
, which was for all intents and purposes “Pokemon GO but with Walking Dead," it’s definitely easy to draw the conclusion that this Stranger Things game will be “Pokemon GO but with Stranger Things." I’m totally not mad at that. We also learned that instead of the pixel art style of the previous Stranger Things games, this one will feature an ’80s cartoon inspiration, which you can see a glimpse of in the promotional art above. I also would not be mad at a full-blown ’80s-style Stranger Things cartoon, if you’re listening people who run Netflix. Once this latest Stranger Things game gets an official title or any more details we’ll be sure to let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread