Amazon Has a Headphone Jack and Lightning Charging Adapter—Buy It and Support TouchArcade...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Ever since Apple courageously removed the 3.5mm headphone jack starting with the iPhone 7s/7 Plus, many users have rightfully complained (raged) at the immediate obsolescence of all those headphones they've been using. And with iPhone 8/8 Plus releasing and the upcoming iPhone X coming soon, phones with no traditional headphone jack are here to stay. More and more people are forced to join the non-headphone jack world, since the newest 2 models and any upcoming phone is definitely going to be headphone jack-less. If you've been considering upgrading but are worried about the Lightning-only future, fear not because Amazon has a pretty sweet adapter for you.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

is a pretty easy solution to the problem of missing a headphone jack, even though it does add a not-so-subtle little box at the end of your phone. At the same time, you usually want to use an adapter like this one when you're at home or at your work desk charging your phone, so you probably won't mind having that extra adapter connected to the phone. The adapter's remote control makes it easier to control your music playback as well as to pick up or end calls. And it's Apple MFi Certified, so no danger of this adapter messing with your phone. The adapter is $34.99, which isn't too bad if it ends up solving a daily nuisance. And remember, if you buy the adapter from
, we get a little piece of the pie as well, so you get a useful gadget and help TouchArcade at the same time!

EDITOR'S NOTE: If you dig into the Amazon reviews, you'll see someone mentioning that this doesn't work with 11.0.2. I've been using my adapter with no problem on 11.0.2, but anecdotally I've had other accessories say they weren't supported when I plugged them in with pocket lint in my Lightning port... So maybe that's what's happening here?

Users who are viewing this thread