Best iPhone Game Updates: ‘Super Cat Tales 2’, ‘Imbroglio’, ‘PUBG Mobile’, ‘Call of Duty Mobile’, and More

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello everyone, and welcome to the week! It’s time once again for our look back at the noteworthy updates of the last seven days. Some great games got some good updates this week, including a couple of favorites of mine. In a bit of a rare case, there are no Marvel games in the list this time. I’m suffering withdrawal over here! Well, I’m sure they’ll help us out next week. Of course, you can keep an eye out for updates yourself using AppShopper or by participating in the TouchArcade forums. This weekly summary is just here to fill you in on the things you might have missed. Let’s go for it!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You know, it shows how out of touch I am with a particular area of the zeitgeist that I had no idea there was a Jurassic Park AR game. I mean, it’s been out for ages! In my defense, I stopped looking for games like these after Dragon Quest Walk came out. Anyway, if you’re into the real-world dinosaur hunting thing, you’ll find that this new version of Jurassic World Alive has seven brand new creatures to discover. It also supports Apple Sign-In, which I suppose allows you to get around giving the publisher your Facebook details or what-have-you. Some bug fixes and battle optimizations round things out.

Once upon a time, I actually played a couple of Call of Duty games. They’re very much not my thing but I had heard enough praise that I wanted to see what was up. My take-away? The phrase “stay frosty". That’s pretty much it. Not bad, but little stuck in my memory. This mobile game seems to be very well-liked, and its latest update introduces Season 6, bringing new characters, weapons, some new Battle Passes, and more. There are even a couple of new modes including Capture the Flag. Wow! Stay… stay frosty?

I already talked about this with regards to the Switch version last week, but hey ho, here we go. Asphalt is celebrating the 15th anniversary of the series, with a month-long festival packed with goodies and events to enjoy. There’s a bunch of Lamborghini content, with a full season dedicated to the brand. You’ll follow the history of Lamborghini with four different cars, from the Gallardo LP 560-4 to the Sian FKP 37. Hop in for the anniversary festivities, stay for the Lambos. Sounds pretty cool.

PUBG Mobile or, as it is apparently known now, PUBG Mobile – Mad Miramar has a bunch of new stuff in its latest update for fans to dig into and enjoy. You can find new areas and items in the updated Miramar map, and a deadly sandstorm will put your survival skills to the test. There are also some new modes, events, and even a new social area where you can hang out. You can also customize the finish on your guncraft works, adjusting the colors, patterns, and emblems as you see fit.

Are we past the Rick and Morty content yet? No? Well, okay. We all have to eat somehow, I suppose. At any rate, this update primes the pump for the shift in seasons, which those of you in North America may not exactly be feeling at the moment. There are four new events here, taking you on a wild time trip through Atlantis, a chill bit of relaxation with the Zen Dragon, on to a Moon Juice thing with Richard and Morton, and closing out with a Summer Dreaming event. Well, that will keep you all busy for a bit, won’t it?

By Trese Brothers standards, this is a somewhat small update. That doesn’t mean it isn’t cool, however. I mean, you can’t say that getting a new ship isn’t a great addition. The Rim Exocruiser (3400M, Javat, Exploration Cruiser) may be a good fit for you. Ask your doctor. This update also fixes some issues with the Leo Battlecruiser, and makes some balance tweaks like increasing the sale price of Reach Vindrex. Update Star Traders, play Star Traders, update Star Traders, play Star Traders. A pleasing cycle.

Obligatory free-to-play matching puzzle update, coming through. This week Toon Blast is back in the spotlight, as its publisher seems to be keeping up its update pace in spite of what’s going on in the world right now. It’s the same business as usual, of course. You get 50 new levels, and there’s an app description that doesn’t have a whole lot of connection with what’s going on in the game itself. Something about a garden party, but I can’t be bothered to make a gag about it this week. Please think of a joke yourself and put it in the comments tomorrow. I’ll pick my favorite and the winner will get absolutely nothing.

Fire Emblem Heroes updates used to have some pretty big things in them, sometimes shaking things up to an absurd degree. But old games have trouble keeping up the pace, and Fire Emblem Heroes is getting up there. Thus, the monthly update this time around simply adds a few little things. You can now trade R&R Affinity for a small selection of accessories in the Accessory Shop, giving you something to do with your excess Affinity. There are new weapon skills for Narcian, Gwendolyn, and Leon, and more Limited-Time Combat Manuals can now be compiled using Divine Codes. That’s all, friends!

Now we’re getting down to the good stuff. Honestly, I had trouble choosing between the last two games as to which one got our coveted award this week. Imbroglio just barely misses out, but this is still an awesome update. A new paid DLC is available called Mizzenmast, giving you four new characters, sixteen new weapons, and a brand-new game mode called Draft. Mizzenmast costs $7.99, but for all of the extra possibilities it offers it’s more than worth it. Some adjustments have also been made in this version for balance purposes. A few things broke which required a couple of extra updates to fix up, but everything seems to be okay now.

Super Cat Tales 2 is a really terrific and charming little platformer. It’s a fantastic sequel to the already-excellent original, and this latest update gives you even more to love. Just as it did about one year ago, the developer has added a whole new chapter to the game, complete with new levels, new cats, and some new villages to explore. The shop has been updated, and the game has received a number of bug fixes. More of a game I already like a lot? That’s a case for a coveted UMMSotW award if I ever heard of one.

That about wraps it up for last week’s significant updates. I’m sure I’ve missed some, though, so please feel free to comment below and let everyone know if you think something should be mentioned. As usual, major updates will likely get their own news stories throughout this week, and I’ll be back next Monday to summarize and fill in the blanks. Have a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread