Charming 2.5D Platformer ‘Rog & Roll’ Coming to Mobile Courtesy of Crescent Moon Games

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
This past October freelance illustrator, cartoonist, and part-time game developer Clayton Chowaniec revealed his new gaming project on Twitter called Rog & Roll. It’s a 2.5D platformer, which means that it’s a side-scrolling platformer with 2D gameplay but 3D visuals, and it’s loosely based on his own comic series called
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. You play as a character named Rog who runs, jumps, and rolls through colorful environments avoiding hazards and taking out an assortment of wacky enemies. You know, platforming stuff. Here’s the tweet that originally unveiled Rog & Roll to the world that features a snippet of gameplay footage.

Here we go! First look at Rog & Roll, the secret platformer I've been workin' on!

— Clay-zulah (@clayzulah)

Ugh, I’m in love. The way the game blends pixel art with low-poly 3D visuals gives it this really awesome neo-retro look, and of course the character of Rog himself is charming as all heck. Back in December Chowaniec, whose game development studio is called
a partnership with Crescent Moon Games to bring Rog & Roll to mobile. Unfortunately there’s no release window other than “sometime this year" but a good way to keep up to date on the game’s progress, as well as catch even more glimpses of Rog & Roll in action, a few of which I’ll post below, is to
. Obviously I’ll be following this one pretty closely and we’ll keep you in the loop as the game’s progress continues in 2019.

Working on some new explosions/things that cause explosions to happen

New dialogue system is up and running! Now to pepper my game will helpful tips & tricks

Woking on a new area for Rog & Roll – Sky World! If you can envision a world that is in the sky, you are close to imagining Sky World.

Users who are viewing this thread