Cipher Prime’s Gorgeous Interactive Narrative Experience ‘Lineweight’ Launching Next Week

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Cipher Prime… now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long, long time. This duo of developers from Philadelphia have cranked out some of the most interesting, artistic, and musical games over the past decade plus, with a number of those landing on the iPad. Over the last 5 years we haven’t seen too much from Cipher Prime, but that is about to change come next week as their new project Lineweight is ready to drop on iOS and Android. What the heck is Lineweight? Well it’s a unique interactive story made up of five different chapters, each one focusing on a specific human emotion. The story is literally driven by your movements of the touchscreen as you swipe through to see words, images, and sounds all come together in a way that only a developer like Cipher Prime could pull off. Check out this teaser.

Of course, I say Lineweight is their “new project" but in reality it’s been in the works for at least a few years now, but it wasn’t until just recently that Cipher Prime made a concerted effort to finish and release it with the help of publisher The Label. Part of what made its development take so long is that they took some time last year to go through and update all of their existing iPad games to ensure they’re still in good working order, which some of them definitely were not. I highly suggest
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
if you own an iPad and haven’t done so previously. As for Lineweight, it’ll be launching next week on October 13th at a price of $4.99 and I can’t wait to get my hands (and ears and eyeballs) on it.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread