'Data Wing' is a Ridiculously Stylish 2D Racer That Needs Beta Testers

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Dan Vogt is a co-founder of Halfbrick, and while he's doing all sorts of stuff now, he's working on a mobile game right now called Data Wing. And oh is it an absolute stunner. It's a top-down racing game taking place inside a futuristic computer, where you start off with data delivery tasks. But steadily, the story across the game's myriad levels start to reveal some interesting things, which Vogt says intended to be "challenging the player's assumptions and raising a number of thought-provoking questions." I'm really interested to see how that all pans out, for sure. But oh, look at this game in action:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Data Wing uses a two-finger touch control scheme, so you just need to use your thumbs to control the game. The story, art, and music are heavily inspired by the vaporwave movement, and a number of vaporwave music producers contribute to the soundtrack. Data Wing is not far from release, but Vogt needs help from iOS and Android beta testers in order to help squash bugs that can arise from the countless mobile devices out there, and get some final feedback. Check out the forum post for more details and for the signup information for the beta. Data Wing is looking incredibly impressive, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread