'Diggerman' is a Super Fast-Paced Digging Game from Digital Melody We Saw at PAX West

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Probably my favorite game from the handful we saw from Digital Melody here at PAX West is one called Diggerman. It's an arcade game that has you digging into the ground, collecting gold for points and avoiding dangers like enemies and explosives. The concept is one that's been done on mobile before, but what I felt set Diggerman apart from the others is how it has you digging diagonally which lends itself well to a two-button control scheme. Tap the left side of the screen to dig diagonally down and left, and the right side to dig diagonally down and right. This allows for some extremely fast-paced digging as you can see in the video below.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Diggerman is one of those games where you get "in the zone" and you start digging so fast it's almost like your fingers are reacting to what's on the screen before your brain even realizes what's happening. One of my favorite mobile digging games is Doug Dug [
], which can get very fast-paced but is more methodical and takes some careful planning. Diggerman on the other hand feels like the overly caffeinated cousin of Doug Dug and should be a great addition to my digging game collection when it releases in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread