Discover the Creators: Cliff Bleszinski’s Favorite PS4 Games

PlayStation

PlayStation
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
is a PlayStation Store curation program in which we’ve asked some of the biggest names in the biz to pick their favorite PS4 games in order to help your find your next game to play.

From VR experiences that literally give you wings (or a cowl to don) to bold franchise renovations that aren’t afraid to get dark and dirty, this list of titles taps into different areas of adventure, intrigue, and familiarity. Movies are great, but games are interactive — and that’s the powerful distinction of the list below. Each of these puts us in fantastic and surreal situation where we must make choices that both tell us who we really are and potentially who we want to be.

Batman: Arkham VR
Half of virtual reality is the gameplay, but for VR the overall “experience” is often what sells it. In the Arkham games I thought I felt like Batman, but it wasn’t until I fired up my PS VR and looked in the mirror and saw Batman looking back at me. Perfect length, gorgeous to look at, and VR controls done right.

Far Cry 4
Ubisoft knows their “formula” — explore the world, find a tower, control area, repeat — but they’ve honed it to such a fantastic state in this title. The co-op alone is worth the price of admission, flying a gyrocopter while my wife fires grenades down below on fleeing livestock was comedy gold.

BioShock: The Collection
No one knows how to merge first-person shooting, narrative, and RPG elements quite like Ken Levine. The BioShock series is a masterclass in this, topical without being overly political, haunting, and beautiful all at the same time.

Horizon Zero Dawn
The game took years, and it shows. It oozes quality from every blade of grass to every robot that you hunt — or hunts you. Even if the gameplay wasn’t stellar (it is), the atmosphere and setup of the world itself — a pseudo-viking world of humans hunting robotic animals — is second to none.

Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 7 is a massive shift back to what makes the series great, in an amazing Southern Gothic setting. Perfect blend of hunt or be hunted gameplay, fearful moments coupled with empowering ones, and claustrophobic environments in which you can almost smell the mold and mildew.

The Talos Principle
Who’d have thought the folks at Croteam, known for their bombastic Serious Sam series would be able to craft such a compelling first-person puzzler? A perfect difficulty ramp through and through that oozes mystery.

Eagle Flight
I’ve had the dream of flying like an eagle ever since the age of six, and the first time I tried this game I was moved to tears. Sometimes the best solutions to game controls is to go with the most simple; the team that cracked this formula has gained mountains of respect from me. Look in a direction and fly in that direction, tilt your head to turn, and explore post-apocalyptic Paris at your leisure before hopping into multiplayer.

Head over to PlayStation Store now to browse Cliff’s list as well as picks curated by Shuhei Yoshida, Yoko Taro, the team behind Final Fantasy XV, and more:

Discover the Creators at PlayStation Store

// Creator of
& Gears of War

// Creative Director, Double Fine Productions
// Director, NieR: Automata
// Co-founder & Managing Director of Guerrilla Games
// President, PlayStation Worldwide Studios
// Co-founder & Studio Director of Media Molecule
// PlayStation Social Media Director
// Creators of Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre
// Sole Developer of Axiom Verge
// Designer of Rogue Legacy
// Makers of Severed and Guacamelee!
// Creators of SuperHyperCube
// Developers of Super Time Force Ultra & collaborators on #Sworcery
// Makers of Goat Simulator and Prison Architect on console
// Creative Director of Nidhogg
// Creators of Limbo and Inside
// Director of Resident Evil 7 biohazard
// Executive Producer of the Street Fighter series
// Creators of Rocket League
// Makers of Final Fantasy XV

Users who are viewing this thread