'Disjoint' Is a Clever Puzzle Adventure With a Cute Story, and Is Looking for Beta Testers...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
It goes without saying that anyone writing about mobile games will see an obscene number of puzzle titles every day. While I'm generally a sucker for anything that looks like it can kill a few minutes on the daily commute, the majority of such titles differentiate themselves with subtle spins on a core mechanic, or some flashy or understated graphical design. I wouldn't exactly call this 'stagnation', it's evident that a formula for puzzle games exists on the App Store, and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is why the upcoming Disjoint surprised me greatly from the very first sentence of its forum thread - being touted as a story-rich puzzle game is one hell of a claim, and the adorable tale of a man and his pig adventuring around a Super Mario World-esque overworld map is an extremely appealing concept. For an early glimpse of this intriguing puzzle romp,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The fact Disjoint is the first game from a development team consisting of a former Canadian Olympic freestyle skier epitomises the eccentric nature of the project, and might be the exact requirement to revitalise a genre stuck in a comfortable rut. Aside from the adorable premise, the actual puzzle gameplay of Disjoint looks clever, with triangles having to manoeuvre into greyed out slots in a certain number of moves to complete each challenge. While this may sound relatively mundane, the way the developers have created the illusion of 3D puzzles in later levels leads me to think Disjoint will be deceptively complex in practice. Whether the developers can truly implement their eccentric story alongside this relatively unrelated gameplay mechanic will be Disjoint's biggest challenge, but I'm wholly convinced through the game's impressive start thus far. To help give feedback for Disjoint in the lead up to its Fall 2017 launch,

Users who are viewing this thread