Get spooked with these great horror games for the PS4

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
If you're anything like me, then sometimes you absolutely love to get the pants scared off of you. Unfortunately, not all horror games are created equal. There are loads of games which intend to give you the creeps but fall way short of the target. If you want some of the best scares available on the PlayStation 4, then read on.

★ Featured favorite

Resident Evil 2

resident-evil-2.jpg

Resident Evil fans have had a few good years. Resident Evil 7 was a killer return to form that had me feeling equal parts excitement and terror. As if that weren't enough, Resident Evil 2 is an amazing remake of the beloved classic game. If you want some great scares and awesome gameplay I suggest picking it up.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Horrific choices

Until Dawn

until-dawn.jpg

Until Dawn isn't a perfect game. However, it's one of the best horror games I've ever had the pleasure to play. Supermassive Games did a great job developing a creepy mood that drips off the screen. It's also nice to see when a developer creates a decision-making mechanic that actually seems to have an impact on how the game plays out. The decision-making then adds to the replayability of the game. With a $20 price point, you get a ton of scares and gameplay for your dollar.

No one can hear you scream

Alien: Isolation

alien-isolation.jpg

Holy macaroni, I loved this game. If you're a fan of Ridley Scott's original Alien film, then you are going to love this. Developer Creative Assembly managed to capture the mood and visual style of the first Alien film almost impeccably. On top of that, it's chock full of truly tense and frightening moments. The original Alien film was essentially a slasher film in space and that is exactly what Alien: Isolation feels like as you try to creep, hide, and run away from the alien which is after you

Survival horror

The Evil Within 2

evil-within-2.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of the first game in the series but we're glad that Tango Games took another swing at it with The Evil Within 2. If you're on the hunt for a solid survival horror experience then this game is certainly worth your time. Despite the fact that there are moments where The Evil Within 2 seems to rehash to pretty well-trod tropes, it still does a great job of building and cranking up tension when it's needed.

Classic horror reborn

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

resident-evil-7.jpg

The king is back! There were some moments in the previous decade where I was pretty certain that the Resident Evil franchise had lost every ounce of its creepy mojo and we would never see a great entry again. However, in 2017, Capcom dropped Resident Evil 7 in our collective laps. Not only is it a fantastic Resident Evil game, but it may also just be one of the best horror games of all time. With solid scares, a great mood, and pacing so tight you can bounce a quarter off of it, it's worth your time.

Just like horror films, there are a lot of video games released in the genre but precious few shining gems. I often find myself disappointed when a horror game falls short, but when it's done right it's one of the best gaming experiences in the world. If you had to go with one, we'd recommend the
, which is currently making us remember why we love getting scared and why the series is so beloved.

Wtx0ldB0Jtk

Users who are viewing this thread