Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered is coming to PS4 later this year

PlayStation

PlayStation
Hello to all PlayStation Blog readers! I’m Matt McKnight the biz dev director and producer on the upcoming Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered. That’s right, we’re breaking some news globally today. The game that’s been known as a love letter to Ghostbusters fans is making a comeback in full high-resolution glory!

I still remember the first time I ever heard about Ghostbusters. It had launched in cinemas in the summer of 1984 and I knew had to catch it on the big screen. It was playing at the great old Coronet Theater in San Francisco which is now a senior housing facility.

What followed was a smash hit in creativity, comedy, and universe building. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson had starred in one of the most successful action comedy films of its time, a film written by Aykroyd and Ramis themselves.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Over two decades later, Ghostbusters: The Video Game released, and I was excited but cautious. Licensed games can often be an afterthought, but I couldn’t have been more pleasantly surprised.

The game was also penned by Aykroyd and Ramis, and featured a story set shortly after the events of Ghostbusters II. Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Hudson are all in the game with their voice and likeness. It became a game beloved by players that really made you feel like you were joining the team and participating in a Ghostbusters movie.

We’re incredibly honoured and excited to announce Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered will be launching on PS4 in 2019. All of the -in-game videos and cutscenes were found on a hard drive in storage from one of the original creators and remastered in 4K HD. The great storytelling and audio has all been preserved while enhanced textures and lighting complete the package.

For those who haven’t played the original game, you’ll join the Ghostbusters as the new rookie recruit. Using tools like the PKE Meter and trusty Proton Pack, you’ll learn to hunt, wrangle, and trap ghosts with the team across iconic New York City locations like Times Square and Central Park. You’ll upgrade your ghost traps and Proton Pack. The Proton Pack will have alternate firing modes such as Shock Blast and Slime Blower.

Getting into wild, funny, and exciting ghostly adventures with the Ghostbusters through all the action brings a big smile to my face, and we hope it does the same for you. We can’t wait to announce more details about the game soon. Until then, don’t cross the streams!

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread