How bad is Bixby in early 2019?

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
It's still a mixed bag depending on who you ask.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oh, Bixby.

Bixby, Bixby, Bixby, Bixby.

Samsung's AI designed to take on the likes of the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa has had a pretty rough life so far, but in 2018, it received some big updates and improvements — more specifically, Bixby 2.0 was officially released.

In early 2019, how does Bixby compete with other voice assistants? Is it started to get better, or is Samsung still a ways behind the rest of the market?

Here's what our Android Central forum users have to say.

Jrome.brooks
12-31-2018 04:38 PM

Now I'm starting to swipe to left yo see what's good with my day and my social media it's very informative cant believe I like it have any of you experience this

Reply​
default.jpg

iFortWorth
12-31-2018 04:46 PM

Maybe I'm ignorant. But Bixby seemed better on my Note 8, before it was upgraded. Before, when opening it up I had a list of things, much like the old Google Now. But since going to the 9 it appears it's all voice driven. What I'm I missing?

Reply​

L0n3N1nja
12-31-2018 05:38 PM

I use it for voice commands, it's much better than Google.

Reply​

amyf27
01-01-2019 05:44 AM

I use Bixby mostly for phone settings - screen brightness, turn bluetooth on or off, open the Waze app, stuff like that. Google voice is awesome and in what I've tried between Bixby and Google, Google typically works quicker. Google is great for non phone setting things (what are the holiday hours for "ABC Store" , and various other searches.

Reply​

What about you? Are you enjoying Bixby in early 2019?

CtJc6M6LCYw

Users who are viewing this thread