How Bosslogic Created the Free New Mortal Kombat 11 PS4 Theme

PlayStation

PlayStation
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Hello, PlayStation fans! I’m Bosslogic, an artist from Melbourne, Australia. I studied photography for four years, but I transitioned to digital art when I started to edit images in Photoshop and fell in love with it.

Video games are life and
has been a mainstay for me. Sadly, I have less and less time to play these days — that’s why I play fighting games: they’re quick and fun. I love MK, I love Street Fighter, Tekken… these got me through some tough times. So when Sony and WB reached out to see if I could help design a new PS4 Theme to celebrate the release of Terminator and the MK Kommunity, I was onboard instantly.

Designing this Theme was an easy process. I started with the Terminator. When I think of Terminator, I think dark, post-apocalyptic world. I generally prefer stylization & simplicity, and I wanted the focus to be on Arnold. WB loved the piece so much, they asked for a second one featuring the iconic original MK characters. I decided to make Scorpion the focus of this one, with Raiden and Sub-Zero featured as well. I originally had others in there, like Noob Saibot, but it didn’t work for the Theme. I love the distinctive, bright imagery and I wanted to capture each character’s personality using their iconic colors. My favorite part was putting Scorpion on a mound of skulls. To me, that just screams vengeance.

I’m excited for the future of MK. It’s always held a special place in my heart. Sindel, Joker, and Spawn should all be instant klassics too. I can’t wait to see them.

It was an honor to create this free theme for the MK kommunity. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Users who are viewing this thread