How waterproof is the Samsung Galaxy Watch?

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
It can handle just about anything.

The Samsung Galaxy Watch is one of the best smartwatches you can buy right now. It looks great, has fantastic battery life, and offers a rich fitness-tracking platform with Samsung Health.

Another reason to pick up the Galaxy Watch is its 5 ATM water resistance rating, but in the real world, what does that actually mean?

Here's what some of our AC forum members had to say!

sonnnet
01-13-2019 03:10 PM

I can't answer your question about depth, I'm afraid. But I swim breaststroke 'underwater', ie just below the water's surface and the watch is absolutely fine. I was pleasantly surprised that heart rate tends to track constantly (at least as good, if not better than when I'm out running). Also the length counter was spot on. I hate counting lengths, and now I don't have to!

Reply​

Greymire
01-13-2019 05:03 PM

We were at a Ski resort for two days this past week. I swam with it every day and had it in the hot tub as well. No issues. I thought the two little water droplet symbols that appear were sort of humorous. I do enable water lock prior and run the sound to eject water a couple times after.

Reply​

arunma
01-12-2019 09:06 PM

So I haven't gone swimming with my watch yet. I plan to, but havent gotten the chance so far. Here's what I've read on Samsung's website: - Chlorinated water and salt water are OK. Just rise the Galaxy Watch in fresh water when you're done. - You can swim with it, you just can't scuba dive with it. Remember, to damage the watch, the pressure of the water over your moving wrist would have to...

Reply​

What about you? Have you put the Galaxy Watch's water resistance to the test?