Is Google's $129 Pixel 2 insurance actually worth it?

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
You can shell out $129 to give your Pixel 2 some added peace of mind, but should you?

The
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
are two of the leanest and meanest Android flagships around. However, they're also some of the most expensive – especially if you opt for the larger XL flavor.

Google is offering a Preferred Care plan with the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, and for $129, you get accidental damage coverage, access to walk-in shops for screen repairs at participating locations, and priority access for 24/7 customer support.

One user added Preferred Care with their Pixel 2 without blinking an eye, but is now second-guessing the plan's value considering its somewhat high deductible and potentially worthless priority customer support.

PaulQ
10-05-2017 01:38 AM

I knee-jerk reaction added the $129 preferred care package as I feverishly threw together my order. Now, I see it has a $99 deductible and all of that expert and priority support is pretty useless to me as an advanced user. I have yet to seriously damage a phone. I do have that little concern that there may be a flaw in the phone but Google treats first year replacements the same for all,...

Reply​

Some users seem quite happy with Google's offering.

default.jpg

GTvert90
10-05-2017 06:56 AM

It's cheaper than insurance through Verizon. I bought it.

ChuckG73
10-05-2017 10:15 AM

Ok my wife breaks phones like they are made from Toilet Paper. So I got insurance on her Nexus 6P, and after 8.0 issues creeped on her phone I called Google and since it was still under warranty they said we are sending her a Pixel XL. That one incident makes it worth it in my opinion. So yes I always get insurance.What is 129 dollars when you are buying a 900 dollar phone

Reply​

But others are of the mindset that that $129 can be better spent elsewhere.

mxmarcus
10-05-2017 03:30 AM

Not paying a red cent for care. Spend that money on good case & screen protector

Reply​

The final word is still up in the air, so we want to hear from you – do you think Google's Preferred Care is worth $129?

D2q6geqkLaw

Users who are viewing this thread