It's easy to take a screenshot from your Samsung Galaxy phone

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Whether you're trying to save a bit of information for later or want to share something you came across, it's hard to find a more useful feature on our smartphone these days than the ability to take a screenshot. Thankfully, most Android OEMs have standardized this process, so learning how to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy phone should be a piece of cake. Don't believe me? I'll show you how below!

How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S or Note phone

1. When you find what you want to take a screenshot of, press down on the power button and the volume down button simultaneously.

2. If you know that you want to edit, modify, or share the screenshot right away, tap on the little toolbar window that appears at the bottom of the screen immediately after you capture the screenshot.
  3. The screenshot will save to your default photo gallery app, as well as the Samsung Gallery app.

4. Open your default photo app to share the screenshot, make edits or annotations, or delete it.

I use this screenshot feature all_the_time for work, but I also use it in personal use almost every day. I only have a couple of minor complaints with the way Samsung executes this feature on Galaxy phones.

For starters, it's easy to accidentally take screenshots, especially when you're pulling the phone out of your pocket. Secondly, the little editing/sharing toolbar that pops up as soon as you take a screenshot disappears rapidly. I'd prefer it if that stayed there until dismissed as it does on iOS, for instance. However, these are minor nitpicks. This is a great feature that you'll get a ton of use out of.

Our top equipment picks

The larger Galaxy S20 phones are fantastic, but let's be honest, they're not for everyone. We think you'll be just as happy saving a few hundred dollars by picking up the "regular" S20.

The sweet spot

Samsung Galaxy S20

Perfect balance

The smaller Galaxy S20 has almost everything you'd want from the more expensive S20+ and S20 Ultra phones. You get a gorgeous 120Hz display, excellent cameras, and a more pocket-friendly phone for hundreds less.

Bm1kkEOzvM8

Users who are viewing this thread