Jagex Releases ‘Old School RuneScape’ Newbie Guide

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
We’ve already posted about it a bunch, but Old School RuneScape is a really, really cool game with a couple of minor caveats: They make no attempt at hiding the fact that this game is, in fact, old school so the graphics reflect that. Secondly, because it’s an old school game, the depth you’ll experience while playing it can be incredibly intimidating. There isn’t much of a tutorial, and aside from a
, you’re pretty much on your own when it comes to figuring out what to do next. Just diving into a massive wiki represents a pretty massive learning curve (more of a learning wall, really) so to help the huge amount of players Jagex has seen flooding into Old School RuneScape for the first time they have released a really great series of newbie guide videos on YouTube.

The first is a general overview, then they get into more complicated topics like the game interface, quests, skills, and combat. All in all, watching all the videos will take you around 40 minutes, but (speaking from experience) figuring out all these things on your own will take you way more time.

Anyway, if you need some more explaining on what Old School RuneScape is all about and why you should care about it, look no further than
. (And if you want to get real into the whole thing check out our
.) As a veteran of old school MMORPG’s, Old School RuneScape pushes all my buttons, I just wish I had more time to play it as like most MMO’s it’s a very time intensive game.

Users who are viewing this thread