'Lowlander 2: Lowerlander' Soft Launches in New Zealand and the Philippines

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello, friends. Do you like Ultima? I'll only accept two answers to that question: (1) Heck yes, fool!, or (2) What even is that, you crusty old relic of a games writer? Well, whichever answer you selected, you'll want to keep your ears to the ground for the surely-impending release of Lowlander 2: Lowerlander, the amazingly-named sequel to the 2015 Lord British-approved Ultima tribute Lowlander [
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
]. The game has
App Stores, and could arrive in the rest of the world as soon as next week.

Lowerlander_Title_Board-01.jpg

Lowlander has a decidedly vintage feel to it, coming off like the first couple of games in the Ultima series more than anything else. There are some modern niceties, however, and the game really does feel well-suited to the mobile platform. I absolutely adored the game
back in the day, but felt that a sequel could really deliver something special. I guess we'll know soon enough, eh? Even in the original game, the sense of exploration and discovery was excellent. I can't wait to see what new adventures await in this one.

The developer, Flat Black Films, stopped by the
for Lowlander 2: Lowerlander and mentioned that if everything goes well, we might be seeing the game go into wide release next week. It looks to be a paid game with no IAP, just like the original. So cross your fingers and hope nothing goes wrong in the next few days so we can all look forward to spending next weekend partying like it's 1982.

Users who are viewing this thread