Make working from home less painful with these WD options

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Working from home can be quite different from the traditional office job. With all the distractions, finding the right place in your home to settle down to work is important, and that extends to your work files, too. Mixing documents from your job with all the personal files you already have on your computer can get pretty messy fast, especially with some companies extending how long employees will be completing their tasks at home. Luckily, a few products from WD® and SanDisk® brands can give you the extra capacity you need to help keep you organized without needing to replace the hardware you already have.

My Cloud Home

The WD My Cloud™ Home device offers up to 8TB* of storage, and with the My Cloud Home app, you can even access, share, and backup files right from your smartphone and other devices. Western Digital has a lot of options to make it much easier to keep work separate, and once it's time to return to the office, it's a breeze to bring those files back where they belong. Depending on the size of the files you're working with, some options may be more suitable than others.

The
offers one of the largest capacities available for personal cloud storage devices, with models ranging from 2 TB to 8 TB.* It plugs into your router and allows you to back up photos, videos, and other files using the My Cloud Home app. With it, you can wirelessly access and share your content from anywhere with an internet connection. There's also a built-in USB port so you can also import any videos, photos, or other files you may have on external storage devices via a wired connection. You can even stream your video files using the mobile app, desktop app, or from MyCloud.com.

My Passport HDD

If you're someone who wants added capacity and easy portability - like moving work between your home office, the couch, or any place else, the My Passport™ drive is a great pick to carry along or stash in a bag. It's available in capacities up to 5TB* and comes in four different colors.

Where the My Cloud Home is designed to generally stay in one place, models like the
are much smaller and more portable so you can take them on the go. That's perfect for those who like the convenience of bringing their work along with them, and with capacities of up to 5TB, you wouldn't have to worry about running out of space anytime soon. While this model doesn't feature app support, it does include WD Discovery™ software that lets you connect and share with social media sites and cloud storage services as well as enable password protection to help keep your files secure.**

Meanwhile, WD and SanDisk brands also offer SSD options for even more durability, faster load times, and less energy consumption, though you won't find them available in quite as large capacities as the HDD models above. The WD
is well-suited for personal, and business use with read speeds up to 540MB/s*** to move content quickly. It's built for use with both Mac and PC, plus it's able to connect via USB-A and USB-C™ for enhanced performance.

Then again, if you're looking for extreme durability, the
offers higher performance and mobility. This model was built to withstand spills and dust, and has an IP55 rating. Both the WD and SanDisk SSD models come in storage capacities up to 2TB* and include great three-year and five-year limited warranties, respectively.

SanDisk Extreme Portable Pro SSD

Anyone in need of a drive that can withstand dust, spills or splashes has to give some consideration to the SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable SSD. It comes in storage capacities from 500GB to 2TB* and is designed for saving high-resolution photos and videos.

* As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
** App or Cloud account registration may be required. Apps and Cloud services may be changed, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country.
*** As used for transfer rate, 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.

Product specifications subject to change without notice. Pictures shown may vary from actual products. Western Digital Technologies, Inc. is the seller of record and licensee in the Americas of SanDisk products.

iPZL4ZKIJnU

Users who are viewing this thread