Monster Hunting MMORPG ‘Rangers of Oblivion’ Launches Next Week

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
After about a month of beta testing in select regions, the mobile monster hunting MMORPG Rangers of Oblivion is now set to officially launch on both iOS and Android on January 14th in Europe, North America, South America and Oceania. Developed by NetEase and published by YouZoo, Rangers of Oblivion has you joining up with the Rangers, “a faction of monster-hunting masters dedicated to defending the land of Malheim." Either alone or with friends you’ll explore a huge fantasy world filled with monsters which you’ll need to track and fight and then use the loot earned from defeating those monsters to craft and upgrade new weapons and armor. The game world itself is really gorgeous too and includes neat touches like a day/night cycle and a dynamic weather system. You can see a lot of that in action in this brand new trailer for Rangers of Oblivion.

While that above trailer is nicely edited and gives you a good idea of what the environments you’ll be fighting in and the huge monsters you’ll be battling are like, there’s actually a slightly older second trailer which shows a brief glimpse of actual in-game footage as well as more of the character customization systems which the developers are touting as a big feature of the game. If you want a better idea of what’s in store in terms of the virtual control scheme and some additional looks at the environments in the game, give this trailer a look too.

When you’re not out there hunting and battling monsters, you can enjoy some more leisurely activities in the world of Malheim like searching for hidden treasures, catching and taming wild horses, cooking, and of course the most necessary activity in all of RPGs: fishing. In case the developers involved or the fact that it’s an MMORPG didn’t tip you off, Rangers of Oblivion will no doubt be very free to play. That being the case you can still
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
ahead of the launch next week, which will earn you a few in-game rewards and such. You can also do the official pre-order thing
or the pre-registration thing
for the Android version. While these types of games aren’t typically my thing, I have to admit I’m really drawn to the big, beautiful world in Rangers of Oblivion and the prospect of tracking and hunting down huge monsters with friends online does sound rather cool. I’ll certainly be checking it out when it arrives on January 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread