No macro camera may be the best thing about the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
The
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
is almost here, with Samsung
. Much has been leaked about the device already, and we know
, including the specs, color choices, and pricing.

The Galaxy S20 FE is expected to be a lot more similar to the flagship series it’s based on, unlike the Galaxy S10 Lite. And while the similarities between the Galaxy S20 FE and the flagship Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra
, they will also offer a major benefit compared to the Galaxy S10 Lite: A standard zoom camera instead of a macro camera.

The Galaxy S10 Lite
, with plenty of high-end features that, in some cases,
(such as the support for 25W super fast charging and the larger battery). Where the S10 Lite was a clear downgrade, however, was the camera setup. The innovative gimbal-like optical image stabilization aside, the 48MP main camera on the S10 Lite isn’t as good as the 12MP camera on its flagship cousins, but even more disappointing was Samsung’s decision to swap out the Galaxy S10 lineup’s 2x zoom camera with a macro camera.

Macro cameras are great if all you ever do is take close-up shots of your food, but telephoto lenses are simply more useful and versatile in day-to-day life. Of course, some would argue that even
, an argument that does have some merit, but when you have multiple cameras on the back of a phone, most would prefer having a zoom camera over a macro lens. I certainly would, and I’m sure many of you who are reading this would agree.

Galaxy S20 FE to have up to 30x ‘Space Zoom’

Perhaps the best thing about the Galaxy S20 FE is that it’s
like the Galaxy S20 and S20+, not the outdated 2x zoom
. The quality probably won’t be as good, since Samsung has reportedly used an 8-megapixel sensor of a 64MP sensor, but that’s something we will only be able to confirm once we have had the chance to test the phone.

For now, I’m just glad the macro camera has been given the boot, and I hope Samsung can start putting zoom cameras on mid-range and budget phones as well, instead of forcing macro cameras down the consumers’ throats as a marketing gimmick.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread