'Octopuz' Is a Memory Puzzle Game Made by a 13-Year-Old

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Developing games for iOS is becoming increasingly easy (as Apple likes to remind us all the time), and it's always interesting seeing who can develop a game or an app. Octopuz is a great example of how accessible game developing is becoming. This upcoming game is being developed by a 13-year-old solo developer using Swift, and it looks like a fun memory puzzle. The game is all about memorizing a pattern and then trying to reproduce it as quickly as possible. While it might sound simple, it can be very challenging to get your brain to visualize a pattern in mere seconds. The faster you can input the pattern, the more stars you get. The game will have 75 levels, with a special Halloween event planned down the road. I hope I get to memorize patterns that look like a gory Rorschach test.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Back when I was 13, you needed to learn a ton of complicated coding on DOS if you wanted to develop anything resembling a game. I'm glad to see how it's becoming easier (although you still need talent and good ideas), and I'm hoping we get to see even more young developers having a go at it. Octopuz will release October 2nd, and if you want to talk to the developer about it (assuming he's not at school),

Users who are viewing this thread