[Poll] Do you still use the Apps Edge feature on your Samsung flagships?

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
The
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
was Samsung’s first smartphone with a curved “edge” display. It was announced at the IFA 2014 trade show in Berlin. Simply put, the functionality was amazing. The Galaxy Note Edge felt great in the hand and was easy to use thanks to its curved display. The software features, particularly Apps Edge, were well suited to the device. It allowed users to access the most frequently used apps or functions with a simple swipe.

It turned out to be more of an experimental device for Samsung. It never released a successor to the Galaxy Note Edge. However, it did bring the curved display to the Galaxy S6 edge. The device had a display curved on both sides instead of just one side like the Galaxy Note Edge. This meant that the curve wasn’t as pronounced as it was on the latter. Thus
was never as good as it used to be.

The fact remains that the curved display on the Galaxy Note Edge was more functional unlike the curved displays on devices like the Galaxy S6/S7 edge, Galaxy S8+ and the Galaxy S9. Since the curve isn’t as pronounced, the Apps Edge panel now eats into the primary display area and there’s no additional functionality being offered. This isn’t going to get better with the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ either. The curved edges on those displays will be

I have been disappointed by the Apps Edge panel on all flagships since the Galaxy Note Edge. It’s sad to see that it took Samsung only a year to kill such a unique and amazing multi-tasking feature.

What are your views on the matter? Vote below and share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Do you still use the Apps Edge feature on your Samsung flagships?
  • Yes, I use it all the time!
  • I never use it
  • Rarely, I wish there was more functionality
  • I didn't even know my flagship had this feature

Poll Options are limited because JavaScript is disabled in your browser.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread