Quirky Dating Simulator ‘Speed Dating with Ghosts’ Coming to iOS and Nintendo Switch this Valentine’s Day

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
I don’t know what it is about video games and dating simulators. I guess when you have the power to create absolutely anything your mind can dream up, one big urge is to live out your wildest romantic fantasies? Like
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
? Or
? Whatever the reason may be, there are a lot of dating simulator video games, and I’m majorly here for it. One that I hadn’t heard of before is called Speed Dating for Ghosts from Canadian developer Copychaser Games. It released on desktop on Valentine’s Day in 2018 and has you, well, going on speed dates with a variety of ghosts and then picking your favorite to go on a full blown date with. I mean what did you expect? It’s all right there in the game’s title. These dates feature branching dialogue choices that can go a number of ways, not all of which are good. Not everyone is compatible with each other even in the afterlife, I guess. The conversations touch on all manner of topics including how each person died, how they feel about being dead, their hopes and dreams for the afterlife, and tons more. The tone of the game is largely lighthearted and comedic, but can also dip into darker, more serious, and even heartbreaking territory. Here is the original launch trailer for Speed Dating for Ghosts followed by the trailer for the free “Go to Hell" expansion.

Anyway, now that you’re up to “speed" on just what Speed Dating with Ghosts is all about, you’re probably thinking to yourself “I need to be able to play that on the toilet!" Good news, then, as Copychaser Games has teamed up with Laundry Bear Games to release Speed Dating with Ghosts on iOS and Nintendo Switch this Friday, February 14th aka VaLeNtInEs DaY!! What a romantic treat. Laundry Bear has previously released A Mortician’s Tale
on iOS back in November of 2018, a game with a similar focus on darkly humorous narrative and death positive outlooks, so they seem like the perfect choice to deliver Speed Dating with Ghosts to mobile gamers. The game is
at a discounted price of $1.99, and you’ll be able to officially start romancing apparitions on the go when Speed Dating for Ghosts releases this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread