Rusty Lake Games Pulled from the App Store by Apple in a Weird Move because of the Games “Looking Identical”

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Calling this a bizarre move would mean it is something out of the normal but Apple has shown multiple times that it has no respect for a lot of publishers and developers on iOS who make a certain kind of game. After what happened to
, Rusty Lake has been hit with the same weird policy from Apple. This has resulted in the Rusty Lake Paradise
(and Cube Escape
) games being pulled from the App Store.

As of this writing, the games I own are in my purchase history on the App Store and I was able to download them to my phone (I usually have these games on my iPad) without any trouble. The official Rusty Lake Twitter account posted the reason and said they are trying to get these back online soon. The games were pulled from the App Store due to looking identical or being spam apparently. They also hope this is an automated thing so it can be rectified because if someone on the App Store editorial has manually flagged these games for being spam or identical, I don’t know what to say.

IMG_1044-620x349.png

The worst part about this is the copycat games and actual spam ones are of course still available on the App Store. If you search the App Store for PUBG, there are tons of clones but now some premium games from Rusty Lake have been pulled for new purchases. Hopefully this is fixed soon. I will update this story when they are back for sale. Imagine if the App Store actually pulled spam games and ripoff games for looking identical instead of doing things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread