Samsung finally lets us disable the Bixby button

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
The dedicated Bixby button on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ didn’t really serve any meaningful purpose until last month
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. Before the global release of Bixby Voice, the dedicated button could only be used for Bixby Home.

Most users didn’t feel the need for Bixby Home to have a dedicated key. Third-party apps were developed that allowed them to
of their choice. Samsung was quick to clamp down on those apps for

I bemoaned recently that
and many of our readers agreed with me. I don’t like how it gets in the way and that you can’t avoid accidental presses of the button. However, it’s time for us to rejoice.

Samsung is finally allowing us to disable the Bixby button, to an extent. The latest Bixby updates add a new toggle which lets you decide whether or not Bixby Home should be launched when the dedicated button is pressed. This can also be configured from the Bixby settings menu.

You’ll see this toggle at the very top of Bixby Home once you install the update. You can tap on the gear icon to hide the toggle should you so desire. It’s just a matter of tapping on a toggle now and that makes me happy.

To be clear, Bixby Home isn’t going anywhere. You can still access it by swiping left from the home screen. The Bixby button will also work for summoning Bixby Voice. Just press and hold like you already do.

Are you happy that Samsung is finally giving us this option? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

bixby-key-disable-1-263x540.png

bixby-key-disable-3-263x540.png

bixby-key-disable-2-263x540.png

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread