Scott Cawthon Pulls 'FNAF World' From Steam - Don't Hold Your Breath for the Mobile Version

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Some things in life you never expect, and Scott Cawthon messing up a Five Nights at Freddy's [
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
] game and then actually pulling it altogether was among those things. We wrote
that Scott Cawthon surprised everyone by releasing his FNAF World game on Steam a month ahead of schedule. To be honest, I wasn't that surprised because Cawthon has a history of doing just that with his other games, and I was expecting the mobile version to hit the App Store in the not-too-distant future. This time, though, he put a game out that many found unacceptable both in terms of quality and features, and they made their voices heard on Steam. Such was the response that Cawthon came out and
, taking full responsibility for the state of the game and saying that he planned to update the game with new features in the coming weeks.

Now, Cawthon decided that he wasn't satisfied with the reviews and ratings and decided
from Steam and told Valve to refund anyone who wants one. He still plans to work on the game - currently he's building a fully 3D overworld - and when he's done, he'll replace the demo on GameJolt with the full game that will be free forever. I have to say, a pretty good move by Cawthon and a great example of a responsible developer.

What do these developments say about the future of the mobile version? Hard to say, but I would expect the game to still make it to the App Store at some point down the line and will probably be free, too. We shall see, I suppose. But judging from how much work the game needs, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread