Sumo Digital (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, LittleBigPlanet 3, Crackdown 3, Snake Pass, and More) Is Opening a Studio Focussed on Mobile Devel

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
With most studios both big and small looking into expanding into mobile for cross promotion or straight up launch new games or spinoffs for mobile, it isn’t a surprise to see mobile focussed studios be on the table for publishers and developers. Today, Sumo Digital announced plans to open a new studio in Leamington Spa in the UK. This studio will be focussed on games for mobile devices. Sumo Digital has worked on loads of games across all platforms including mobile in the past.

Sumo Digital, barring working on their own titles, also does a ton of work for other publishers and has worked on various ports to mobile platforms and consoles in recent years. They even ported my favourite racing game of all time, Forza Horizon 2 to Xbox 360 so Microsoft could launch it alongside the flagship Xbox One version.

Chris Southall is the Studio Director at the currently unnamed studio and he has been at SEGA and Codemasters in the past. Sumo Digital wanted to broaden their portfolio of services offered with this studio dedicated to mobile development. This studio is now the seventh studio under Sumo Digital. I’m looking forward to what they work on for sure. So far, I’ve really enjoyed Snake Pass from them recently on the Switch. Since they work with various big console and PC game publishers, hopefully this leads to more mobile ports as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread