SwitchArcade Round-Up: ‘Panty Party’, More DLC for ‘The Messenger’, ‘Diablo 3’ Event, New Sales, and More

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello, gentle readers, and welcome to the SwitchArcade Round-Up for January 7th, 2019. It’s a bit of a strange bag of stuff today, with some… interesting new releases announced, the possibility of another update for a beloved game from last year, a cool event, and yes, more sales. This week is going to have a ton of new releases, and among them there are several really great games, so yeah, 2019 is pretty much going like 2018 did already. Let’s get into the week!

News

‘Panty Party’ is a Real Game That is Coming to Switch This Spring

I’m not sure what has changed at Nintendo in recent years, but it’s safe to say that the company is being considerably less strict about what appears on Switch than most of us are used to. The latest example is Panty Party, which is actually a lot less provocative than the name would suggest. This game from Taiwanese developer Animu Games sees you playing as a set of flying panties, shooting and battling against other similarly mobile panties in arena battles. There seems to be an assortment of unlockable panties, including all the usual favorites like Bear Panties and Blue-Striped Panties. Yes, this looks totally stupid, but I’m not going to lie: I laughed.

‘The Messenger’ May Get More DLC in the Future

themessenger.jpg

Okay, so we know that the intriguing throwback action game The Messenger is getting some DLC called Picnic Panic sometime this year. But in a recent Q&A, director Thierry Boulanger suggested that if Picnic Panic goes over well enough, there could be as many as two more sets of DLC in the future. Picnic Panic was originally conceived as the first part of a much larger DLC. If it is successful at improving sales and increasing the value of The Messenger, we may indeed see the rest of what was initially planned.

Celebrate the Anniversary of ‘Diablo’ with the ‘Darkening of Tristram’ Event

diablo3.jpg

The last two years in January, Blizzard did something very cool in Diablo 3. A special event called Darkening of Tristram allowed players to go through a special Anniversay Dungeon that re-created the original Diablo‘s 16-level dungeon, all the way down to the monsters and bosses. Well, Switch owners just got their version of Diablo 3 late last year, but they won’t be left out of the event as it has made its return this year. All the way until January 31st, you are free to explore and enjoy the special content celebrating the original Diablo. It will probably be back again next year, but you might as well get in on it now.

Sales

The most interesting thing about today’s sales is that I think this is the first time Limited Run Games has discounted its digital Switch line-up. From the new sales, I’d give a strong thumbs-up to Cosmic Star Heroine, a mild recommendation to Mana Spark, and if you have people to play with, you might also enjoy Super Hero Fight Club: Reloaded. Night Trap is as good as Night Trap will probably ever be, and is interesting from a historical point of view if nothing else. I’m a sucker for Saturday Morning RPG, but your mileage may vary depending on whether you’re down with its brand of humor. Oh, and last call for Shovel Knight‘s sale price, in what is potentially the last discount before the final expansion hits in April.

New Games on Sale

nighttrap.jpg

Cosmic Star Heroine ($10.49 from $14.99 until 1/15)
Saturday Morning RPG ($6.99 from $9.99 until 1/15)
Night Trap – 25th Anniversary Edition ($10.49 from $14.99 until 1/15)
Revenge of the Bird King ($3.49 from $4.99 until 1/15)
Werewolf Pinball ($1.49 from $1.99 until 1/24)
Halloween Pinball ($1.49 from $1.99 until 1/24)
Hyperide: Vector Raid ($1.99 from $3.99 until 1/12)
Wondershot ($6.66 from $9.99 until 1/25)
Mana Spark ($6.66 from $9.99 until 1/25)
Koloro ($6.66 from $9.99 until 1/25)
Super Hero Fight Club: Reloaded ($6.66 from $9.99 until 1/25)
Odium to the Core ($3.32 from $4.99 until 1/25)

Sales Ending Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 8th

shovelknight.jpg

Azure Reflections ($12.49 from $24.99 until 1/8)
Black the Fall ($7.49 from $14.99 until 1/8)
Brawlout ($9.99 from $19.99 until 1/8)
Bring Them Home ($11.99 from $14.99 until 1/8)
Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers ($4.99 from $9.99 until 1/8)
DragonFangZ: The Rose & Dungeon of Time ($17.49 from $24.99 until 1/8)
Life Goes On ($6.49 from $12.99 until 1/8)
The Midnight Sanctuary ($6.99 from $9.99 until 1/8)
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories ($22.49 from $29.99 until 1/8)
Monkey King: Master of the Clouds ($3.49 from $4.99 until 1/8)
Rime ($14.99 from $29.99 until 1/8)
Rooms: The Adventure of Anne & George ($10.49 from $14.99 until 1/8)
Shovel Knight: Spector of Torment ($7.99 from $9.99 until 1/8)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove ($19.99 from $24.99 until 1/8)
Spider Solitaire Black ($3.49 from $4.99 until 1/8)
Tiny Metal ($12.49 from $24.99 until 1/8)

That’s about the lot for today, friends. Hopefully we’ll have slightly more interesting news tomorrow, but if it’s another quiet one I’ll probably take advantage of the lull to do a mini-review of something. We’ll see. Every day is an adventure, isn’t it? Anyway, thanks for reading!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread