Thank You: PlayStation.Blog Turns 10 Today

PlayStation

PlayStation
I can’t believe I’m writing this, but your friendly neighborhood PlayStation.Blog officially hits the big 1-0 today. Before moving onto tomorrow’s
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
programming, I wanted to write you a personal thank-you note — and take a quick stroll down memory lane.

I’ve been lucky enough to work on the Blog for seven of these past 10 years, thanks in large part to our readers, many of whom I’ve been able to meet at events like E3 and PSX. Folks, it has truly been an honor being a part of your lives.

Naturally, we got a custom PlayStation cake… it was delicious.

Hitting the 10-year milestone is a major accomplishment for any publication, particularly a blog adrift in a crowded digital sea. Over the years, PlayStation.Blog has expanded on a global scale, now encompassing 22 (?!) regional PlayStation.Blog sites across North America,
and
, and
. It’s read by literally millions of gamers each month, all around the world. (Protip: just type playstation.blog in your browser and it will take you to your local chapter of our site.)

The team continues to grow, too. It’s been a great honor to add the highly skilled and impeccably dressed Zac Minor to our talented editorial team, working alongside Blog veterans Justin Massongill and Ryan Clements — as well as Leah Sanchez and Richard Imperial, who help keep things running smoothly behind the scenes. The gang is busy working on exciting new ideas that will, I believe, shape the next 10 years of PlayStation.Blog and beyond.

I’ve got a lot of fond memories working on PlayStation.Blog over the years. Here’s a quick look back at 10 of our very biggest stories over the years, with a few notes from yours truly:

PS-Symbols.jpg

1.7M pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: Our biggest original story to date by far, and one of the toughest assignments I’ve ever worked on. Props to Justin for the slick-looking layout.

PS-Symbols.jpg

1.6M pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: A landmark day. I was afraid the Blog servers wouldn’t hold!

PS-Symbols.jpg

750k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: We saw incredible interest in DualShock 4 before PS4 shipped — readers were dying to learn more about its capabilities.

PS-Symbols.jpg

685k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: 4K gaming and HDR are new concepts that require a lot of explanation, so I was glad we could publish this so quickly after the PS4 Pro’s reveal in NYC.

PS-Symbols.jpg

528k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: One of the more creative designs I’ve seen for a limited edition console. Still a head turner!

PS-Symbols.jpg

497k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: If I recall correctly, the Blog’s servers briefly melted down when we announced this bad boy during our very first PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas!

PS-Symbols.jpg

490k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: Hard to believe it’s been more than three years since we unveiled what would come to be known as PlayStation VR.

PS-Symbols.jpg

425k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: Vivid memories of this event!

PS-Symbols.jpg

344k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: These Ultimate FAQs take approximately a full month and the work of dozens of employees to build. But they’re worth the fuss!

PS-Symbols.jpg

278k pageviews

PS-Symbols.jpg

Editor’s note: Ah, memories :)

After all these years, I like to think that we’ve stayed true to the guiding principles outlined in our
. We want PlayStation.Blog to be about you; we will continue covering the biggest news in gaming, and finding ways to get you even closer to the creative minds that inspire us every day.

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading PlayStation.Blog as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it. We’ve shared some of our favorite Blog memories… what are yours?

Enough reminiscing. See you tomorrow when PlayStation Live From E3 kicks off at 5:00pm Pacific Time!

Users who are viewing this thread