The best USB-C battery packs you can buy

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
USB-C and the Power Delivery standard have paved the way for a new wave of battery packs that are both powerful and portable. While there are some massive power banks aimed more at charging laptops or powering devices through long camping trips, I much prefer the lighter chargers that can quickly charge a phone while sitting down for lunch or in my pocket during long days out and about. Whether you prefer your power banks big or small, these are the best ones around!

Phone-sized power

Aukey 10,000mAh Battery Pack

Staff pick

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It's easy to slide this phone-sized bank into a pants pocket alongside your phone for charging on the go at a good speed.

All-in-one charging

Ventev PowerCell 6010+

ventev-powercell-6010-press.jpg

Ventev's handy power bank is its own wall charger thanks to folding AC prongs. There's USB-C and USB-A cables built in, so you have everything you need.

Pocketable USB-C power

Anker PowerCore 10000 PD

This USB-C bank is easily pocketable, allowing you to quickly top off your dying phone with 18W Power Delivery charging.

Wireless versatility

Omni Mobile 12,800mAh Omnicharge Power Bank

This bank has just about everything you could want: a small form factor, 45W Power Delivery charging, a QC 3.0 USB-A port, and a Qi charging pad on top.

Rough and tumble

Zendure A6PD 20100mAh PD Power Bank

Are you hard on your gear? This rugged bank is big enough to charge all your daily devices and 45W PD charging will even charge Chromebooks.

Full-speed output

RAVPower PD Pioneer 18W Power Bank

RAVPower's power bank is easy to grab, easy to carry, and easy to charge via USB-C or micro-USB. 18W charging means it can also recharge in three hours.

Big battery bundle

Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD Charger Bundle

This bundle includes a 26800mAh that can charge at 30W, a 30W USB-C wall charger to replenish the bank, and a USB-C cable to connect them.

Pocket power

Xcentz USB-C Power Bank 5000 PD

31d6sU7zbUL.jpg

Your power bank doesn't do you any good if you left it at home, but this bank is about the size of a fun-size candy bar, so you can carry it everyday!

Who needs wires?

AUKEY Wireless Power Bank with 18W Power Delivery

Being able to plop your phone down on a wireless charger is great at home, but it's even better on the go when you're in an airport lounge or cafe.

If we had to choose

Again, I far prefer smaller portable batteries that actually live up to the name "portable", which is why the phone-sized
and the compact
are two of our favorites — and two of the most popular models on the market today. The Aukey is more affordable and its shape makes it easier to accommodate, but some prefer the more narrow but rotund Anker.

Turning to more beefy models, while Anker's bundle is of the highest quality, it's also of the highest price, so unless you already lack a USB-C wall charger, you're probably better off buying the
, which is half the price and ultra-durable. Things tend to bounce around in my gear bag, so power banks that are sturdy give me extra peace of mind when my backpack falls off the seat again.

q2PaeGqOKc8

Users who are viewing this thread