The Newly Announced Wireless Charging AirPods Likely Will be the Perfect Companion to the...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
If you listen to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, you've likely heard us gushing about Apple's AirPods. They've been nearly impossible to get since they were released in December of last year, and for good reason: They're incredible. I've posted both a
piece as well as
once I had spent more time with them, but after months of using them almost daily I've turned into the biggest AirPods evangelist I know amongst my friends. Today Apple announced new AirPods, although they seem to be more of a version 1.1 iteration with the major difference being wireless inductive Qi charging. Amusingly enough, these new AirPods were also leaked beforehand:

…in full, animated glory
1f602.png

— Steve T-S (@stroughtonsmith)

There don't seem to be any major differences other than support for "AirPower", which is what Apple is calling their inductive charging. The slightly redesigned case has the charging LED on the front instead of how the "original" AirPods indicate their charge status with a LED inside the case that you need to open the lid to see. Hopefully with Apple tweaking the design they'll be a little bit easier to find in stock... anywhere. Either way, AirPods have easily become among my favorite Apple products, so definitely check out
if you're curious.

Users who are viewing this thread