These are the best USB-C hubs for your Chromebook

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Chromebooks are built light, lithe, and long-lasting, but as more Chromebooks shed USB-A and card-reading ports for future-proof, multi-functional USB-C ports, users are faced with a choice. You can try to upgrade all your peripherals to USB-C, or you can get a USB-C hub and keep using your USB-A keyboard and ripping photos off your camera's SD cards. Many USB-C hubs also support HDMI monitors, Ethernet, and USB Power Delivery charging, too, but no matter your needs, there's a great USB-C hub out there for you!

Our pick

AUKEY CB-C59 60W USB-C Hub

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is the credit card-sized USB-C hub that I've been using and abusing for a year, hosting three USB-A peripherals, one HDMI display, one microSD, and one full-size SD card reader. The CB-C59's USB-C port can support 60W Power Delivery pass-through charging and data transfer.

Popular and powerful

HooToo Shuttle 6-in-1 USB C Hub

The HooToo Shuttle reaches a slightly higher 65W pass-through charging on its USB-C port, but you can't use that USB-C port for data transfer, only charging. The HooToo also lacks a microSD reader, but the full-size SD card slot is here, along with 4K HDMI output and two metallic finishes to choose from.

More power than we need

AUKEY Link PD USB-C Hub

The port configuration and data speeds on the AUKEY Link are identical to my beloved AUKEY CB-C59, so what makes the Aukey Link stand out? It's got a spiffier design, and its USB-C input is rated for up to 100W Power Delivery charging. Not many Chromebooks support those speeds yet, but you'll be ready when it comes.

Aluminum & Ethernet excellence

Satechi Aluminum Multi-Port Adapter V2

Satechi's USB-C hubs have been some of the more reliable over the last few years, and while there are smaller, slimmer hubs in its lineup, the upgraded V2 version of Satechi's Multi-Port Adapter is the best value. Ethernet and 49W pass-through PD charging make this perfect for offices and dorms with spotty Wi-Fi.

Connect it all compactly

VAVA USB C Hub 8-in-1 Adapter

VAVA's 8-in-1 hub isn't quite the overkill its
, but with a fold-out Ethernet port and 8 ports compactly crammed into a hub of most 6-in-1s, this hub is great for the overstuffed gear bags and long days of scrambling from classroom to classroom at school. VAVA's hub does use a bit more power, so keep your charger handy while using it.

Just the essentials

Anker 5-in-1 USB C Hub

This smaller hub from peripheral powerhouse Anker may not charge your Chromebook, but given how many Chromebooks are shipping with 2 USB-C ports, that's not really a problem. This hub gives you the media essentials: 3 USB-A ports, one full-size SD card reader and one microSD card reader. Now rip that footage and get editing!

Once again, the
has been with me through chaotic deadlines, editing on the go, and beyond my Pixelbook, I've used it with my Android phones more than once. If you need an Ethernet port in your hub, it's hard to go wrong with
, and if all you need is a card reader and a port for your mouse and keyboard,
will get you by without spending too much while still guaranteeing quality.

g8UxqUxEsG8

Users who are viewing this thread