These USB-C to Micro-USB adapters are great for your legacy devices

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Transitioning between standards can be tough, but you can make it easier on yourself.

We're roughly two years into the major transition to USB-C as a standard port on computers and phones. It's pretty tough to buy a new high-end device today that doesn't have a USB-C port, and most new laptops have at least one USB-C ports for charging and data.

But of course we don't all refresh every device we own every year — there are still plenty of phones, tablets, and most importantly accessories we all own with Micro-USB ports. All the while, every new device we get comes with a USB-C cable in the box, and the number of old Micro-USB cables we have is decreasing.

Instead of buying new Micro-USB cables to carry around for those old devices like my
or
, I picked up a pair of awesome USB-C to Micro-USB adapters. Nope, these aren't the super-popular adapters that go in the other direction — these little bits of plastic and metal let you use your new USB-C cables with old Micro-USB devices!

Micro-USB is still going to be around for a while — make the transition simpler.

The adapters that I've been using are from TechMatte, and
. Yes it feels a little dumb to be buying new things to help me continue using old technology, but try as I might to have everything in my life be USB-C it just isn't possible right now. By spending a few bucks on these adapters, I can keep using my old Micro-USB devices without having to keep a whole Micro-USB cable around. The adapters also work for data transfers to a computer, which isn't something I necessarily expected to work.

Now I've wrapped up and stored my Micro-USB cables, swapping everything out to USB-C to use a majority of the time while I have these adapters around for the edge cases when I have to power up something old. It isn't ideal, but it's far better than the alternative — and it only cost me $8.

TUCnmjfmhDQ

Users who are viewing this thread