Two Days Left to Get a Non-Refurb SteelSeries Stratus for $39.99 (or Potentially $34.99)...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
I was sort of on the fence with regards to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, but the response was super positive and resulted in something like 50 (maybe more) TouchArcaders jumping on the MFi controller bandwagon. Browsing the site again this morning for knives, key caps, and the other weird junk they've got on there I found they've got a drop that only has two days left for the SteelSeries Stratus, available for $39.99, or potentially $34.99 if enough people hop on. (You can choose to only join in on that price, if you want, but might not get a controller if they don't have 30 people onboard to hit that price point.) It's all kind of weird how it works out, but I'm starting to dig

MD-14363_20151218121555_9e5614f40d2b88f4.jpg

Now, we've
the SteelSeries Stratus, and all of our criticisms of the controller still totally hold water. But, it is by far the most portable full layout double analog stick MFi controller there is. Even though the ergonomics aren't great, and both the D-Pad and analog sticks aren't as good as full-sized controllers, it's the only MFi controller I carry with me in my bag everywhere I go. The
is a way better controller all around, but, doesn't fit into bags nearly as well as the Stratus. It's kind of like that old saying, "The best camera is the one you have with you." So, if you value portability, the Stratus is the best controller to get provided you're aware of its various caveats.

$39.99 is also about the cheapest we've seen a non-refurbished version of this controller. They must've had a bad first run or something, as it seems like refurbs pop up on daily deal sites quite often for around $30. Anyway, if the super-tiny Stratus is the MFi controller of your dreams and you were waiting for a better deal to pick one up, here's what you need to do:

. (If you're not logged in, you can't see their deals, which seems real dumb, but, whatever.)

(or just search for "Stratus" on the Massdrop site) and decide if you want to join in for $39.99 and maybe get a $5 discount if enough people also join, or just go straight for the $34.99 price point and potentially not get a controller if they don't hit 30 sales.

3. Sit back, relax, and wait for it to ship. Estimated ship date is January 19th, but, hey, think of the savings.

Anyway, I'm going back to waffling on whether or not I want to buy this
. $120 for keycaps seems absurd, but they're so cool!

Users who are viewing this thread