Unicycle Giraffe is a simple game that's exactly what it sounds like

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Not every game I recommend in this space has to be an epic RPG or crazy action-packed adventure. Sometimes the best mobile games are short, simple — and more than a little silly. As long as the controls are simple and the graphics are colorful and cute, I'm in!

Enter Unicycle Giraffe.

In this simple balancing game, you control a giraffe riding a unicycle by tapping on either side of the screen. Just like real-life unicycling it's a bit tough to get the hang of things at first, but unlike real life, you get to control a gangly giraffe that makes silly faces and rag dolls around as you try to strike a proper balance. Staying on the unicycle is the point of the game, but the rag doll physics make every crash part of the fun, too.

While you're keeping your unicycle upright, you'll need to keep an eye out for floating bombs and coins, which you'll need to tap to deactivate or collect respectively. If a bomb gets too close it will explode and send your giraffe flying, and when you're reaching for a coin you might miss and topple. These items add a light layer of randomness to each playthrough while still keeping things casual and simple to pick up.

All those coins you collect can be spent on new hats for your giraffe — did I mention this game is silly? Sadly, in spite of the great ragdoll physics, your hats never fall off when you crash, which I feel sort of defeats the purpose of wearing a fish tank on your head. There are simply no stakes if it doesn't smash when you inevitably fall over. That's something that could be improved in a future update, though. Your coins can also be spent on upgrades that let you collect coins and build experience more quickly. Alternative outfits are also available so you can swap out the giraffe for another silly creature, but come on — giraffes rule!

There's nothing wrong with simple games like this as long as they're entertaining, but I don't know how one could justify spending real money on in-app purchases to buy coins when there are options to watch ads to get coins. At its best, Unicycle Giraffe is a fun concept for a casual game that's fun in short doses with a decent soundtrack and worth the free download if you're down for some silly fun.

zjp0WdsbiSc

Users who are viewing this thread