VR Spy Game “I Expect You To Die” Gets Relaxing New Level

PlayStation

PlayStation
Agent, you’ve been hard at work saving the world, and you really deserve a vacation. So we’re going to to give you one. On October 24, you will be able to download a new update to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(IEYTD) entitled First Class. New and existing players will travel in a first class train cabin on an all-expenses-paid vacation across India. What do I mean by “all-expenses-paid?” The level is free, of course! Sit back, relax, and… well, try not to die.

The response to IEYTD has been overwhelmingly positive. We have seen many excellent reviews of the game, but some reviewers mention how four levels doesn’t feel like enough content. We understand this issue is the game’s biggest weakness, and frankly, we feel like it’s a good problem to have. In the end, however, we knew we had to address it. In mid-April 2017, we started by putting together a small group, some from the original team and some new members, and we set out to make a new level. Narrowing down our ideas from the initial brainstorms took some time. We wanted to find a setting that felt new and exciting, and allowed us to experiment with some interactions we didn’t get to try the first time around. Fast forward through four months and countless playtests and here we are, squashing the final bugs and getting builds ready for certification.

The team is super excited to share this new level with you, but, you know the game — we can’t share too much without spoiling things. Just know that there’s nothing more relaxing than the click-clack of a train as it rolls lazily through the majestic mountains of Northern India. Enjoy a soothing beverage or a local delicacy as you read the morning paper. We believe trains are the best place to meet new friends and catch up with old ones.

As a developer, I always want to create the best experience for the player. With an escape-the-room game, a well-designed experience comes from countless tweaks to the tools and puzzles presented to the player. Too easy and it’s no fun; too hard and it’s no fun. Walking that line is almost as treacherous as the scenarios in the game, so you’ll have to let me know how we did. Your videos, blogs, vlogs, and social media posts are awesome to see, so keep them coming!

I also wanted to say how flattered we all are by the kind words players had to say about the
to the game. We loved making it. And maybe, while you’re enjoying your vacation, you’ll find some new music to listen to. Enjoy your trip, Agents. You’ve earned it.

Users who are viewing this thread