‘Space Marshals 3’ Updated with Chapter 2 DLC Bringing 12 New Missions and New Gameplay Mechanics

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
One of my very favorite game series on mobile continued with the arrival of Pixelbite’s Space Marshals 3 back in November of last year. The first two games in the series combined top-down action with stealth elements in really clever ways, making for one of the more unique game types on mobile. This third entry continued the tradition while also expanding and improving on the formula, but it deviated from previous Space Marshals games in terms of pay model. This is a free-to-try episodic game with two levels available for free and an additional 10 levels of what constitutes Chapter 1 available for a one-time IAP of $5. If you sort the App Store reviews for Space Marshals 3 by “Most Critical" you’ll see the folly of this pay model as a parade of idiots rate the game 1 star because it “makes you pay for it", but by and large I think most competent premium-focused mobile gamers really appreciate this type of pay model. Now, just about 7 months following that initial release, and Chapter 2 is finally available as DLC in Space Marshals 3. And it does NOT hold back with awesome new stuff, as you can see in the following trailer.

Chapter 2 brings with it 12 new missions to play through that span across multiple new environments and feature new enemy types and new game mechanics. Based on the trailer the one that sticks out to me most is the ability to wade into water, and even submerge yourself in water to take cover? That seems really cool and I can’t wait to try it out. With the episodic nature and pay model of Space Marshals 3 this new Chapter 2 content is a paid expansion, and there’s actually a cool system that offers a discount for loyal players. If you’ve already bought the full Chapter 1 then Chapter 2 will automatically be available to you at a discounted price of $2.99. Normally each Chapter is $5 apiece, but if you didn’t already own Chapter 1 you can still get a smaller discount by purchasing both Chapters 1 and 2 in a bundle for $7.99, or about $2 off the full price. However you slice it I’m a big fan of this episodic format for Space Marshals 3 and I’m really stoked to dive into all that Chapter 2 has to offer.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread