Joystiq
Joystiq News
Hello again. Allow me to reintroduce myself: I am , once Engadget's resident laptop reviewer, later managing and executive editor, and now editor in chief. I'm delighted to be taking the reins at the site I've called home for the past seven and a half years.
When I first joined the team in 2011, Engadget was a different place, and so was the technology scene we covered. I remember the urgency of those early days, dropping everything to cover topics that today seem quaint: FCC filings, an Android update rolling out on yet another carrier, the Apple Store going dark on launch days. Our headlines were frequently an alphabet soup of specs. Hands-on videos were accomplished by setting up a desk-size tripod and manipulating said gadget from behind the camera. Back then, we felt compelled to touch every single thing at CES (yes, even ). Engadget was all about, well, gadgets, and gadgets at that time were mostly defined by their hardware.
Things have changed a lot, and so has Engadget. And we're not done yet.
Console Bang News!