Best iPhone Game Updates: ‘FIFA World Cup 2022’, ‘PUBG Mobile’, ‘Super Cat Tales’, ‘stitch.’, and More

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello everyone, and welcome to the week! It’s time once again for our look back at the noteworthy updates of the last seven days. An odd blend this time around, friends. Lots of Apple Arcade stuff, some things related to Thanksgiving, a little World Cup stuff, and so on. Of course, you can keep an eye out for updates yourself by participating in the TouchArcade forums. This weekly summary is just here to fill you in on the things you might have missed. Let’s go for it!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Let’s kick things off with a look at the latest version of the lovely platformer Super Cat Tales. The notes call this a maintenance update, but it has some really nice new features to offer like proper widescreen support, higher-resolution visuals, and support for 60 frames-per-second gameplay. No new content or anything, but that’s alright.

This update to the Apple Arcade Skate City adds a new level to enjoy in the form of Venice beach. Lots of famous skate parks to enjoy, with twenty-one new challenges to tackle. There are also thirty new goals to aim for in Free Skate mode to help you earn more Skate Cred. What else can be said? Grab your board and get out there.

While this is an Apple Arcade game and thus not really free at all, I’m counting it as our Obligatory (Not) Free-to-Play Matching Puzzle update for this week. There are three hundred new levels to play, and they’ll be released at a rate of twenty-five per week for the next while. Other than that, we’ve got the usual bug fixes and minor improvements. Three hundred new levels. Wowza.

Look, I said there were going to be a lot of Apple Arcade games this time, didn’t I? What the Golf has a new event rolling in soon called Don’t Stuff Me Now, which I am hoping is Thanksgiving related. Because otherwise… well. No one likes having their layups denied, is all I’m saying. I’m just kidding, the update notes make it clear it’s related to the upcoming holiday, enabling you to do such critical things as golfing a turkey. Huzzah!

Okay, this might finally be the last of the Apple Arcade updates for this week. So what does the latest version of stitch. have to offer? More content for you to content yourself with, of course. Slide over to the Recently Added category and you’ll spot seven new Hoops. There’s also a new left-handed mode to make it more comfortable for our lefty pals, and some UI adjustments and balance changes have been made. That’ll do for this one, I think.

Update notes for an ongoing Star Trek game are never not going to be amusing to me. Oh yeah, we’ve tweaked B’Elanna Torres’ stats and skills, did a little adjustment to Seven of Nine’s Omega Destabilization skill, fixed up some quips for the Gorns and Romulans, and buffed Kira’s Bajoran Phaser Rifle. Tuvok? You know we’ve got some rebalances for Tuvok, buddy. These are the actual updates, I wasn’t just making them up. Also, there were apparently some bugs in the Morale system. I guess Picard would sometimes say there were five lights when too much pressure was applied? Probably something like that.

You know, when I think World Cup events I don’t find myself necessarily jumping to PUBG Mobile as the most likely of candidates. But here we are. Messi leads the charge in some soccer-themed gameplay, promising a take on the world’s most popular sport quite unlike any we’ve seen before. Join the Football Carnival with your team and see if you can become champions of a different sort. No fancy trophies here; only chicken dinners. There’s more here, but I’ll let you comb through it on your own if you’re interested.

Here’s a clear Thanksgiving update, though it may be one that is rather familiar to longtime players. Rescue the cook and get your just rewards in the limited-time Thanksgiving event. Don’t forget to decorate your vault and dwellers appropriately, or the Great Turkey may not leave you his plump prizes. I’m just making that part up, sorry. There is no Great Turkey or plump prizes. But there is a dancing Turkey, so do watch out for it.

There are a couple of things going on in this latest update for Disney Magic Kingdoms. First up, the main cast of DuckTales can now be completed as Webby joins the park. She’s part of the permanent Kingdom Quests story, so you don’t to worry about getting her right away. The third part of the Rescuers event is also live as of this update, so you can see what happens next in that story. Webby, eh? Well, close enough. I’ll give this the coveted UMMSotW award while I still have a chance to give it to something.

A timely update indeed. If you want to play some properly licensed World Cup video game stuff while watching the World Cup, EA has you covered. With this latest version, FIFA World Cup 2022 is fully prepared for the big event. All thirty-two licensed teams are here so that you can play a simulated World Cup 2022 Tournament, along with updated commentary, player rosters, kits and crests, and some new passing mechanics. Just think: this will be the last time EA will be able to do this kind of thing for the foreseeable future. Weird.

That about wraps it up for last week’s significant updates. I’m sure I’ve missed some, though, so please feel free to comment below and let everyone know if you think something should be mentioned. As usual, major updates will likely get their own news stories throughout this week, and I’ll be back next Monday to summarize and fill in the blanks. Have a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread