Best iPhone Game Updates: ‘Marvel Snap’, ‘Genshin Impact’, ‘Mini Motorways’, ‘Subway Surfers’, and More

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello everyone, and welcome to the week! It’s time once again for our look back at the noteworthy updates of the last seven days. Okay, the barn doors are officially closed on Halloween updates. We can now move on to the inevitable Thanksgiving updates. But not this week. This week is an assortment of unrelated updates, which is par for the course during a holiday hangover. Of course, you can keep an eye out for updates yourself by participating in the TouchArcade forums. This weekly summary is just here to fill you in on the things you might have missed. Let’s go for it!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The latest big update to Genshin Impact arrived last week, and it has the usual assortment of new goodies for players to enjoy. There are two new characters, Nahida and Layla, and a new event called Fabulous Fungus Frenzy. You can also look forward to new stories, with a new Archon Quest and Story Quest waiting for you. A new weapon, of course. It’s called A Thousand Floating Dreams, which is a pretty fancy name for a weapon. And naturally a few new monsters for you to bonk with that weapon or any other. Happy hunting!

The updates to paid games aren’t usually as sexy as the ones for other games, and I’m okay with that. But even if they aren’t as fancy, I like to bring them in here when they give me a chance to highlight a really good game. Six Ages is a
. Play it if you haven’t. This update fixes the layout on iPad Minis, allows you to see a synopsis in the Choose Game dialog, and has a few other tweaks and adjustments to the UI and text. It also improves VoiceOver support for those who make use of that feature. The notes also mention that the developers are still working on the next chapter, titled Lights Going Out. Looking forward to it!

I’m still playing the living heck out of Marvel Snap. What an excellent game it is, and the fanservice is spot on. This update does a lot of things but I’m not going to go into the granular details of it. Suffice it to say there has been some balance tuning to some cards (sorry, Jubilee decks) and some visual improvements have been made. There are also the usual performance enhancements and bug fixes, which is expected in an on-going game like this.

The Subway Surfers are on the move again, this time heading to Luoyang in China. It’s a lovely lantern-filled locale, the perfect place to meet new Surfer Song Yi and her fancy Night Lute Board. Lee gets some new duds in the form of the Wudang Outfit, too. I’m not sure what Kindness Day is, but the game is celebrating it with a calendar that offers up Cleo as a reward. Rounding things out is a new Tag Time Attack set in Monaco. Lots to do as usual.

This game is assuredly updating at a slower pace than it once was, but it’s still getting new characters on a semi-regular basis. This update adds Quasimodo from Disney’s version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and I bet he’s pretty strong. You know, I actually really liked that movie. It has its problems, but I think it was pretty bold and a good attempt to compromise between a very dark book and Disney’s usual family fare. They tried. And Hell Fire is still one of the top villain songs in a Disney animated movie, you can take that to the bank.

We all know the Fast and Furious, but have you heard of the Endless and Expert? Okay, that didn’t work as well as I’d hoped, but that’s the name of this new update. It adds two new gameplay modes to enjoy. Endless Mode is… an endless mode. Expert Mode is… a mode for experts. Glad I could clear that up for everyone. There are new achievements to go with those new modes, new zoom features, and some other UI improvements and tweaks. I think I like this update the best, so it gets the coveted UMMSotW award for this week.

Yes, another Marvel update. It’s the first tie-in with the upcoming Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, so I really couldn’t resist. The Marvel movie machine is back in full swing, clearly. A new Legendary Battle titled Wrath of the Sea is available. M’baku joins the playable roster, and there are new movie-inspired uniforms for Namor, Shuri, and Riri Williams. There’s also a new Tier-4 for Namor and a Tier-3 for Shuri. It will be interesting to see how this movie turns out, given the circumstances around the character. Fingers crossed.

I’m doing that thing where I count an Apple Arcade game as the Obligatory Free-to-Play Matching Puzzle Update on a technicality. This one adds a new garden called Verdant Villa, and in a game called Garden Tails what more do you need in an update than a new garden? You get one hundred and fifteen new levels to play, which is… substantial to say the least. There’s a new Daily Login Reward feature, a new look for the catalogue, and the ability to toggle hints from the in-gameplay settings menu. Not bad.

Frogger is alive and well in 2022, it seems. I’ve probably said something like this before, but it still makes me smile a little every time I notice it. He’s one of the earliest icons in gaming even if his star has lost its shine over the decades. This update adds the new Sky Ruins to the game, the sixth dungeon for our heroic frog to make his way through. Coming with it are new costumes, records, and of course treasures. Aside from that, the game has seen a number of changes and adjustments to bring down the difficulty curve a bit. Apparently some players were having a rough time with it. If that was you, give it a shot now.

And we’ll finish up today with a look at the latest update for Gibbon: Beyond the Trees. There’s a new encyclopedia filled with interesting information, but you’ll have to fill it yourself. Collect pick-ups in Liberation mode to do that. This update also has a new story moment after the hunt, and there are new levels in both Liberation and Daily Run mode to enjoy. There’s a new achievement associated with the encyclopedia, plus a bunch of other little fixes and adjustments.

That about wraps it up for last week’s significant updates. I’m sure I’ve missed some, though, so please feel free to comment below and let everyone know if you think something should be mentioned. As usual, major updates will likely get their own news stories throughout this week, and I’ll be back next Monday to summarize and fill in the blanks. Have a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread