News Epic Games CEO Says Travis Scott is 'Welcome in Fortnite'

Fortnite

Epic Games CEO Says Travis Scott is 'Welcome in Fortnite'

When asked why Icon Travis Scott hasn't returned to the Item Shop, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney said "Travis Scott is welcome in Fortnite".

Travis Scott is welcome in Fortnite. I’m just not in the loop on item shop rotations so I don’t know what’s coming when, or what specific agreements with celebrities and brands affect the timing of those decisions.

— Tim Sweeney (@TimSweeneyEpic)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The question was asked on Twitter, when a user tweeted mentioning Sweeney, questioning if Travis Scott was blacklisted from returning, and if he is "allowed" to come back. Sweeney responded, saying, "Travis Scott is welcome in Fortnite. I’m just not in the loop on item shop rotations so I don’t know what’s coming when, or what specific agreements with celebrities and brands affect the timing of those decisions".

Epic Games CEO Says Travis Scott is 'Welcome in Fortnite'

Travis Scott's Fortnite Icon Series Set

The response doesn't reveal when or even if Travis Scott's Icon Series set will return to the Item Shop, but it does shut down rumours that suggested the cosmetics had been "blacklisted" from returning.

Travis Scott's fourth studio album, 'Utopia', is set to be released on July 28th. With many players waiting to purchase the Icon set, this could be the perfect time for the cosmetics to return to the Fortnite Item Shop. At the time of writing, it has been 1,187 days since the
was last sold in-game. When the rapper joined Fortnite's Icon Series, he was the fourth person to do so. Today, 41 people have joined the series so far.

We'll keep you updated.

In other news, Fortnite's v25.20 update has introduced two new weapons to Battle Royale.
to read more.

Follow us on Twitter (
) and Instagram (
) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.

Users who are viewing this thread