'Fortnite' 4.0 Improves Performance on Low End iOS Devices, Adds Various UI Improvements,...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
The big Fortnite [
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
] 4.0 update released on iOS a little while ago and we finally have full patch notes for it. While the focus of the patch notes is obviously the various new additions and improvements to Battle Royale, the iOS specific fixes are a welcome addition this time when it comes to performance. The biggest change is what happens to the map when the comet shards crashed. Many places you know and live have likely changed. Watch the video below:

The comet shards are across the map and using them lets you lift up with low gravity experience. If you, like me, get annoyed by not being able to destroy things in the lobby, the new patch now lets you destroy everything but the Battle Bus. Various weapons have been tweaked when it comes to hit markers and reticles.

The quickbar on iOS will now finally let you drag and drop inventory. There's an auto run option that appears when you hold the stick for 3 seconds or more. A new button has been added to repair buildings which is a more than welcome addition for me. The biggest update is to performance on lower end iOS devices. The iPad Air 2 in particular that both Carter and I play on runs smoother. Jumping out of the Battle Bus doesn't cause a hitch like before. This is thanks to them scaling the background draw distance dynamically with player height to ensure a smoother experience. Draw distance for objects in the environment is also less on medium and lower end iOS devices.

Servers are now back up so update away and download the update in game to get back onto the Battle Bus. Make sure to join our Discord channel
to squad up and get some Victory Royales.

Users who are viewing this thread