GDC 2018: 'What the Golf?' is the Hilariously Absurd Golfing Game for People Who Hate Golf

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
I know it's early in the week but I already might have found my favorite game of GDC 2018. It comes from Danish studio Triband who are currently working on the desktop game
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
as well as a mobile and desktop game called What the Golf? Described as "The golf game for people who hate golf," What the Golf? employs the tried and true pull-back-to-release mechanic, but is only VERY loosely based on actual golf. You'll be launching all manner of silly items towards a flag placed in the hole, and lots of times there will be puzzle elements like one hole where you must launch a ball into a vehicle in order to nudge the vehicle into some explosive barrels that would have otherwise prevented you from reaching the flag stick. And sometimes you'll launch a house. Yeah, this game gets really weird. Check out our entertaining hands-on video from GDC 2018 and look for What the Golf? on iOS, Android, and Steam sometime this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread