Hidden option on Samsung phones allows permanent deletion of files in one go

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
Samsung's
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, which is one reason why many enthusiasts love to use Galaxy phones and tablets. In addition to those features, Samsung hides some from its users, and one such feature has been found in the company's stock
app.

Permanently delete files in one go using the stock My Files app​

It has been revealed that the latest version (15.0.04.5) of the My Files app brings the hidden menu called MyFiles Labs. You can find the ‘Permanently Delete Option' setting in that section. Activating it enables an extra option in the pop-up menu when you delete files using the My Files app. When you select it, the file will be deleted permanently from your phone, and you don't have to go to the Recycle Bin section to delete it permanently.

To activate the MyFiles Labs section, open the My Files app on your Galaxy device, navigate to Settings » About My Files, and tap on the My Files text multiple times until a dialog appears that says “MyFiles Labs has been enabled.” Once enabled, you can return to Settings » MyFiles Labs and enable the Permanently Delete Option toggle.

Remember, this feature is only available in version 15.0.04.5 of the My Files. It should be available in the Galaxy Store, but if it isn't, you can
or other safe sources. If you don't want to download the APK file from unofficial sources, you have to wait a few days for the new version of the app to appear on the Galaxy Store.

Watch our in-depth video below to know which new features have been released to Galaxy phones and tablets with the One UI 6.1 update.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread