Paradox's 'Crusader Kings: Chronicles' Is a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Version of the Hit PC...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Ever since Paradox Interactive declared its intention of bringing some of its big strategy games, such as Crusader Kings and Stellaris,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, I've been wishing for one thing; a Crusader Kings mobile game where I can play out all those complicated and often hilarious storylines that have made the game so famous. Well, although I won't take any credit, Paradox decided to give us a game close to what I was wishing for. Crusader Kings: Chronicles [
], which just now hit the App Store, is an interactive novel that has you playing as the second son of an indebted baron in the middle of war-torn borderlands.

screen322x572-19-3.jpeg
screen322x572-20-3.jpeg

The story is written by
, and I hope it shines with the ruthlessness that has become the trademark of the PC game Crusader Kings II. I haven't played the game yet, so I don't know how good it is, but I'm really hoping the gamebook manages to reproduce the crazy choices that make the PC ancestor of Crusader Kings: Chronicle one of my favorite grand strategy games. If you haven't played Crusader Kings II, we are talking about a game whose Steam discussion threads have become legendary since they include topics like "Help, wife keeps murdering people," "how to use kids as a reward," and "how to become celibate." The previous grand-strategy-to-gamebook attempt by Paradox came in the form of Hearts of Iron: War Stories [
], but unfortunately it
. Here's hoping that Crusader Kings: Chronicles does the franchise proud.

Users who are viewing this thread