Premium Sliding Puzzler 'Bring Me Cakes' Hits the App Store

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Back at GDC this year
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
made in the Defold game engine which were all incredibly high quality. One in particular, Bring Me Cakes [
] stood out as a very well done block sliding puzzler which I just sort of assumed would get picked up by some random publisher, loaded to the brim with freemium shenanigans, and we'd be posting something along the lines of, "It's a really cool game provided you're willing to put up with tons of ads." It's an incredibly nice change of pace that this isn't the case. Bring Me Cakes is self published and is just a premium puzzle game with no IAP.

Take a look at our walkthrough from GDC:

At its most basic, you're trying to slide Little Red Riding Hood to the end of each level, avoiding wolves who also slide in the same cardinal direction you slide. It's a clever mechanic which the game does a beautiful job exploring through multiple environments that continue throwing different wrenches into the mix. Bring Me Cakes is on my list of games to spend more time with, but if you're looking for a high quality puzzle game that plays closer to the classic iOS puzzlers you may remember before freemium took over, definitely give this one a look.

Users who are viewing this thread