The Galaxy M15 has just made the A15 useless in Europe

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
Samsung is about to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, and we can't find a good reason why the M-branded phone won't soon make the Galaxy A15 obsolete.

Galaxy A and Galaxy M phones have always been like two sides of the same coin. Galaxy A phones usually offer better overall features, marginally better firmware support, and higher build quality, while Galaxy M devices focus more on internal hardware and raw performance.

However, when it comes to the Galaxy A15 and Galaxy M15, in particular, it's not easy to find a good reason why anyone would want to buy the Galaxy A15 if they had the option to pick the M15 instead.

Galaxy M15 may soon cannibalize the A15 across Europe​

The Galaxy A15 and M15 offer similar 90Hz displays with 800 nits of brightness, identical memory options, and virtually the same camera configurations.

The Galaxy M15 and the A15 5G use the same MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ chip, while the 4G version of the A15 uses the MediaTek Helio G99, which is only marginally superior in synthetic benchmarks — not enough to make that much of a difference in the real world.

What it all boils down to is design, battery specifications, and perhaps firmware support, which isn't all that great for low-cost phones, to begin with. The Galaxy A15 looks a little bit more modern than the Galaxy M15, but on the other hand, the M15 has a bigger 6,000mAh battery instead of a 5,000mAh unit.

The Galaxy A15 no longer makes any sense​

Interestingly enough, the Galaxy A15 4G costs more than the M15, even though you could consider it an inferior phone with no 5G connectivity and a smaller battery. In Poland, where the Galaxy M15 recently popped up online, Samsung is selling the A15 4G for around €208, whereas the M15 5G costs €161.

There's a price difference of almost €50 between the Galaxy A15 and the Galaxy M15, and I struggle to find any good reason why the A15 4G would be worth that much more than the M15 5G. These are low-cost devices, and the fact that the Galaxy A15 4G has almost a 30% markup over the M15 seems unjustifiable.

This isn't always the case when comparing Galaxy A and Galaxy M phones. Higher-cost Galaxy A models employ better build quality and materials, while Galaxy M phones are usually made from plastic and don't have IP ratings.

However, in this particular case, both phones are made from plastic and lack an IP rating. And I believe the M-series phone wins hands-down. If I were in the market for a budget phone, I wouldn't buy the Galaxy A15 if I had the option to pick the Galaxy M15 instead.

The whole point of these types of low-cost phones is to save money, and the A15 doesn't seem to offer nearly enough to justify its higher price. In fact, the M15 should deliver more battery life and similar performance and features for less money. Once the Galaxy M15 goes on sale across Europe, you may want to avoid the A15 altogether.

Join
to get instant Samsung news updates, device reviews, best deals, opinions, and more.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread